If you have always wanted straight teeth, but are deterred by the thought of wearing traditional braces, Invisalign may be the perfect alternative for you. At Trapnell Orthodontics, we offer a variety of orthodontic treatments to accommodate any patient’s preferences and individual needs. With Invisalign available, even more patients can enjoy the benefits of a straight, stunning smile.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment and an alternative to traditional braces for patients with minor misalignment issues. Invisalign is different from ceramic and traditional braces, because instead of using wires and brackets to straighten teeth, Invisalign uses a series of clear, plastic aligners. Each aligner is molded to specifically fit each patient’s smile and to help push teeth into a straighter position. Invisalign aligners are completely clear and virtually unnoticeable.
The Benefits of Invisalign Treatment
- Invisible Braces – Invisalign braces are made with a clear plastic that is virtually invisible. Patients with Invisalign braces can straighten their teeth without drawing any unnecessary attention to their braces or altering their appearance. Invisalign braces are perfect for adults and teenagers who may feel self conscious about wearing braces.
- Removable – Unlike traditional and ceramic braces, Invisalign braces are completely removable. Patients can remove their braces before they brush and floss their teeth, and won’t have to deal with any food restrictions.
- Safety– Conventional metal braces have wires and protruding bits of metal that can puncture and scrape the insides of the mouth and gums. Clear braces are smoother and more comfortable. Overall, clear braces reduce the damage normally caused by wearing braces, including gum disease and cavities.
- Straightens Minor Misalignment Issues – Invisalign treatment can help patients with minor misalignment issues achieve the beautiful, straight teeth they’ve always wanted. Invisalign is an effective orthodontic treatment that can provide a beautiful smile.
- Chart Your Progress – With Invisalign braces, you can literally watch your smile becoming straighter every time you switch an aligner. You’ll be able to see the results of your treatment firsthand and notice the difference throughout your treatment.
Invisalign treatments can typically be completed in as little as a year and a half. To find out more about Invisalign, call us at our Provo office today.